Edify, a consultancy offering intelligence, research, insight, content and strategy to ed-tech and digital companies ranging from the largest publishers to innovative start-ups.
When Garry and Siobhain launched Teachit in 1999 it was a pioneer of user-generated educational content delivered digitally. Further, its freemium subscriptions model and highly targeted content marketing were both firsts in the digital education field.
Teachit English, Teachit’s flagship site, was used by over 65% of all UK English teachers and consistently achieved re-subscription rates of 80%+. Teachit expanded into Primary, ELT and all core secondary subjects before acquisition by AQA in 2011.
Garry and Siobhain have been involved in, and excited by, the digital educational space since founding Teachit in 1999. Theirs is an approach grounded in experience — both grittily hands-on and loftily blue-sky — and a firm commitment to quality educational content and digital delivery.
Some of our work
Digital Director: Digital strategy, management and launch of new online services
(Rising Stars’ new community- based service, My Rising Stars, was shortlisted for a BETT award on 2016)
Consultancy: Company transition and sale to Hachette
University of Bath Innovation Centre: New business mentor & Advisor & Mentor
BathSpark/TechSpark/Watershed Entrepreneurs: Advise, talks, mentoring on launch strategies, investment, exit, go-to-market plans and marketing advice for startups including…
- DoodleMaths www.doodlemath.com
- Figrhq www.fgrhq.com
- Pobble www.pobble.com
- Touching Shakespeare http://research-information.
bristol.ac.uk/en/projects/ touching-shakespeare(3f9d54d7- aae6-4e4d-ba5c-57bec64a7a35). html
- Poetry by Heart www.poetrybyheart.org.uk
- Teaching Topics www.teachingtopics.co.uk
Public speaking and writing
Garry has spoken on the UK Edtech space at numerous events, including BETT, The Publishers Association, The Stationers Company, Education Investor and TechSpark.
Garry writes regularly for Education Investor. See his latest articles.
How might we be able to help you?
Here are some of the ways we could work with you to develop a new, or reinvigorate an existing, digital education product or your whole digital strategy:
- Review your business plans and organisation
- Devise a digital strategy for creating or developing digital education products
- Use our education-tech knowledge to improve, overhaul or create your digital platform
- Help manage the implementation of your digital strategy
- Offer advice on how to build an engaged and vibrant online community
- Review your educational content (from an editorial and user-experience perspective)
- Create a strategy for interesting, relevant and effective content marketing
We have a passion for educational digital content that works and a good knowledge of how to make that happen. We’d love to meet you for an informal chat about your project, product, business or idea. That bit’s free. If you think it would be useful to take the conversation further then we can work with you in short (eg ½ day) chunks or on a longer term basis.
* A note about the doodle in the page header …
This is one of the thousands of doodles Garry has created instead of notes in meetings. He’s even found some justification to support his claim that it shows he’s more attentive in meetings than regular note-takers:
(He also likes to walk instead of sit down for meetings. See the article below for more on this!